I mentioned in my post about Rich (Rich Hardbeck: Heart of a Metal Man ) that Rich reminds me of a textbook definition of a Cancer from Astrology. I will break it down for you! This is me nerding out about Rich and Astrology. Good things.
Awhile back I was having a conversation with my friend about Rich and every time I used a word to describe him it would be Cancer-like. I noticed it while I was talking with my friend who is a huge Astrology nerd as well. Together we put together a bunch of words together that described Rich then went back and sure enough they were all under the description of a Cancer. Here are the words.
- Emotional (Cries watching Grace do Ballet and home videos. Also when Grace gets mad at him in 5x7).
- Loving (His entire relationship with Grace proves that).
- Intuitive (When he realizes something is wrong with Grace in Morocco)
- Imaginative (He does lots of role play and fantasy situations with both Alo and Grace)
- Protective (Multiple examples toward his friends and Grace)
- Homebody (Likes watching movies all day)
- Appears uncompromising (I NEVER COMPROMISE!! I’M METAL!!)
- Intelligent (He’s really smart and witty)
- Philosophically Profound (Has some really cynical views about the world.)
- Prone to Fantasy (With both the Zombies and talking with Gracey)
- Passionate (Metal music, movies, his views, his friendships)
- Inclined to Self-Pity
- Tactless (What he says to Alo and Mini recently/What he tells Grace in front of Toxic Bob.
- Dislikes being told what to do. (Fuck you! I won’t do what you tell me)
- Dislikes failure (Frustrations over not being able to break in to see Gracey)
- Withdrawn/Protective Shell
- Disciplined when empowered by Passion
There we go. Rich is a guy who tries to appear like he doesn’t give a fuck. But inside he is a very determined, intelligent, loyal, and sweet guy. He may like to sulk and snark—but he won’t disappoint. He’s a bit like a Cancer man.
**Gifs by the lovely frankybluerichards**