Chris Miles - Top 5
Top 5 (I cheated 6) Chris Quotes
- “Hey, do you…do you wanna hear about the best day of my life? I’d pissed myself by accident. They’d had us sitting down for trying to get out like to leave the room but this kid kept blocking me, stopping me leaving, he was playing a game or something and, um…So I told him, right, that he was a dickhead, and that he’s gonna get out of my way, dickhead and then the whole place went quiet cause I’d said “dickhead.” And then they were all laughing, everyone, and I couldn’t work out if it was cause I’d swore or if they’d seen that my shorts were wet, so I tried to cover my shorts with my hands, right, but that meant they all definitely noticed and then there was more laughing. But, yeah, Peter, my brother, he was, um, he was the youngest-ever sixer or something. They’re the ones in charge, sixers. Dib-dib-dib. He could do all the knots, him. Him and Dad would practice. He loved it. Anyway, he stands up, yeah, sixer, and, um, and they all liked him, he takes my hand, and took me to the toilet. And then he had me take my shorts off, and then he cleaned me up. And then he took off his shorts and put them on me. And then, he kissed me on the cheek, and took my hand, and we both went out there. Him just in his pants. No-one laughed. Best day of my life.”
- “If Rome won’t go to Mohammed, then Mohammed will clap until it does.”
- ”I’m sorry! Fuck it! I’m inadequate. What can you do?”
- “Do you remember them colouring-in book when you were little, Jose? I hated them. If I’m gonna do a picture of a house, I don’t want someone else telling me what it should look like, know what I mean?”
- “When you were young, did you ever read “The Very Hungry Caterpillar”? It’s a classic. It’s about this caterpillar, yeah, and he eats a load of stuff, and then he gets in a cacoon and becomes a butterfly. And after my brother died, whenever my parents were just you know, I’d get inside my duvet and I’d just read it over and over. And it made me think that when I came out, I didn’t want to be different. I just wanted what was outside to be different.”
- “Look, I was perfectly happy killing myself. Right, but then you asked me to try…And for the first time in my life it felt like someone actually gave a shit. And that person was worth trying for. And now I’d…I’d fucking make the world record biggest sandwich if you asked me to. I’d kick old grannies in the tits. I’d fill the rivers with Panda Pops.”
Top 5 Chris Moments
- (2x2) Chris in the audience during the “Osama!” play. It cracked me up. It is so Chris too. Having fun. Making the best of something. Not caring what he looks like. Controlling the fun. Love it.
- (1x4) Chris explaining his favorite memory. I teared up at this. We all think that Chris is fun and pills. However in this moment you see that he is heart as well. Chris the vulnerable mouthy kid being protected by an older brother who loved him unconditionally. Then losing that sense of family and losing that sense of having someone to look out for him. It was touching.
- (2x5) Chris and Jal’s duvet talk. This another picture of what life was like for Chris. How his world crumbled and how aware he was of everything as well. It is quite impressive. Again lots of heart and his quotes made you think.
- (2x5) Chris with Josie explaining why he got fired from various jobs. First of all it was hilarious and it show cased that Chris is not the type of person that can follow directions. He’s a bit of a visionary. Plus Josie’s attempt to get Chris to stop swearing was awesome.
- (2x7) Chris attempting to tell Sid he will hurt him if he messes with Cassie. I thought this scene was absolutely sweet and totally Chris. Attempting to stand up for Cassie yet not being able to pull it off quite as well as he probably wanted.
Top 5 Words to Describe Chris