Freddie Mclair - Top 5
Top 5 Freddie Quotes:
- “Do you want to die, mate? Is that what you want? You’re drinking yourself to death, you’re fighting gangsters. I don’t even want to know what happened last night. You’re killing yourself to impress some pissed-up old wanker in a pub.”
- “You’re making me mad now, Effy. And that’s exactly what love’s supposed to do.”
- “Not bad got chlamydia.[Effy: Wow, exotic.] That’s what I said. Then I realized Cook had it as well and it didn’t feel quite so special. You know what I mean?”
- “I’m Freddie. I met a girl I liked today. She’s like beautiful. That’s it.”
- “Okay. So what do you do when you can’t take anyone’s shit because I might really fuck things up and you don’t know what to do or what’s happening you just know that something really fucking bad is going down?”
Top 5 Freddie Moments:
- (4x5) Chases Away the Invisible Threats: I thought this was a great moment. This is when Effy is becoming more and more mentally distorted. She is seeing invisible threats and Freddie goes to chase them away. I liked this because it is important when people are having a mental break not to make them feel they are losing their mind. So without knowing it in that moment he did Effy a bit of good.
- (3x5) Goes to Kiss Effy in the Water: He finally goes for what he wants. He didn’t pursue it any further really. However he went for it. Which deserves some encouragement.
- (3x5) Singing Ass to Ass: In the end despite his protests and despite his attitude. He did show up for Karen and gave his support. Even singing along with his sister to “Ass to Ass.”
- (3x2) In the Shed with Cook: This is when Freddie was telling Cook that he can’t take care of him forever. I thought this was a great moment for Freddie. I know how it feels to have a friend who is out of control and always being put into the position where they expect you to put out their fires or to control them. He took a stand. I respect that.
- (3x5) Freddie visits the Michael Jackson Counselor: Freddie realizes something is wrong with Effy and seeks out advice. Then stumbles upon a strange Michael Jackson obsessed school counselor. He tries to get help in the beginning which is good.
Top 5 Words to Describe Freddie:
- Self Absorbed