Character Podcast Spotlight: Michelle Richardson
- noducksinamyspond : If Josh wasn’t a psycho would he have been good for her?
- What kind of guy would be good for Michelle?
- shrivelled-wank-claw: Why did it take her so long to admit that Tony was a total twat, even though it was apparent to everyone else that he’d been fucking around?
- thisistheskinshouse: best and worst qualities of Michelle?
- Do you think she is one of the most realistic characters?
- everythingisskins: Which nipple do you think was weird?
- davidknowsall: Three wishes Michelle would ask for?
Skins and the Zodiac: LEO
Michelle Richardson (Gen 1), Katie Fitch (Gen 2), and Mini McGuinness (Gen 3)
I am not saying that these three ladies are the same, because they are not. However they are this. They are all women of fashion, they are all extroverted, and they are all women who have a hard time with change. That is the masculine, fire, and fixed mixture that creates the zodiac sign of Leo.
I’m going to lump these ladies together in terms of explaining why they are Leos and not get into the environmental reasons behind why these things exist. This is just to make things easier. All of these characters are quite loyal and love fiercely. Sometimes that is the problem especially in terms of Katie and Mini where the desire to control others seems to exist inside their affections. All of these ladies also have a tendency of striking back when they are wronged in the most theatrical of ways. That is the thing about Leo things tend to be theatrical. All of three of these ladies have that quality. They also love to be needed and are quite social. All three of them and Leos are also obsessed with how they are scene often times they can be drama queens and are obsessed with fashion, style, and several other things that make them of high status. They can also be magnets for drama and have a flair all their own. Don’t fuck with them and you will be okay. However they also have issues of pride and when their pride is hurt they have a hard time asking for what they need. Michelle felt rejected by Tony and when the accident happened she refused to accept the reality. Trying to force what she wanted to happen to happen. Only it didn’t work. So she spent the rest of the series pridefully keeping her distance despite knowing she wanted to forgive him. Katie’s pride was hurt in terms of Emily breaking away and the same pattern followed. Mini’s pride kept her from dealing with Liv, accepting Alex, accepting Franky, and also kept her from admitting her feelings for Alo, or even telling anyone about her pregnancy. These are prideful ladies of Skins. They will cut you if you hurt anyone they love. They are not afraid of confrontational,. They are a fierce and theatrical threesome hear them motherfucking roar.
Sid and Michelle: “I’m lonely”
This post examines the friendship between Sid and Michelle: What kind of friendship do they have? Why are they friends? How did their relationship evolve? (After the cut)
Enneagram Type Analysis: Michelle Richardson
I believe that out of all the types of the Enneagram Personality Types that Michelle Richardson best fits Type 3 the Achiever.
I do not think Michelle fits perfectly under this category; however, it is definitely the best one for her. Like Katie another Type 3 personality Michelle has a sense of drive about her striving for the perfect life and the perfect guy. Katie may have gone boyfriend to boyfriend while Michelle tried to make the one boyfriend she did have into perfection in her mind.
The desire for a Type 3 is to be appreciated and treated with value. Their biggest fear is to be seen as worthless or undesirable. Series 1 and Series 2 we see that Michelle is fighting a battle with herself and with her relationship with Tony. On one hand she is striving for perfection on the other hand she is striving to be treated with worth. She fights with Tony about him treating her as an equal oppose to a puppet to play. In Series 2 Tony loses some of himself due to an accident and Michelle reacts badly to it. Due to this fear of not being desired. Especially when Tony did not react to her advances.
Michelle is that girl who wants to be loved and adored. She wants to study and get an A on her Spanish exam. She wants that perfect guy. At the same time she is straightforward and will get in anyone’s face who questions her self-worth. Just ask Abigail.
These are the reasons that I see Michelle as at Type 3.
Character Analysis: Michelle Richardson “Like you mean it, you little shit.”
Michelle is a character that many are split on. Some love her, others are indifferent, and some dislike her especially for her actions in Series 2. This post is not an argument for any of those camps but more a focus on the motivations and personality of Michelle. More under the cut.
Michelle Richardson - Top 5
Top 5 Michelle Quotes:
- “No! Tell me like you’d die for me! Like nothing else matters, like your world stops turning because of me! Like you mean it, you little shit! Go on.”
- “Yeah, it is. You play clarinet and I look shaggable”
- “I’m not saying forget about him (Chris), because you can’t and you shouldn’t. He was special. But I, I just think…fuck it. (Jal: What?) LIke Chris. He said fuck it, I’ll do it my way. And the people that love me will understand why I’m doing it because they love me. Fuck it.”
- “Cassie is great in the sack, as long as she’s not hungry.”
- “My nippers are not funny!”
Top 5 Michelle Moments:
- (1x5) Slapping Abigail: I clapped at this part. Abigail needed a slap. Michelle is fiery. It is one of the things that I enjoy about Michelle. She will if she needs to stand up for herself and let her feelings out. This was an awesome moment. I can still hear the sound.
- (1x7) Telling Tony to Fuck Off: Michelle’s main issue in Series 1 would definitely have to be letting Tony call the shots. Allowing Tony to do what he wants and treat her horribly. This is when she turns the tables on Tony. She is telling him no and letting him know people do have feelings. People have limits and he has pushed her past hers. She needs a declaration or a gesture that shows her that he is willing to change and that he means what he says. Otherwise he can fuck off.
- (2x10) Taking Jal to the Aquarium: Michelle despite her faults loves Jal. She does. Jal is her best mate. In this moment Jal is grieving the loss of Chris who is both a great friend and her boyfriend. She feels lost and hurt. Michelle takes her to the aquarium a place that reminds her of Chris to show her own grief. Then offers Jal some real support and something to hold onto. To remember Chris by for us all to remember Chris by. “Fuck it.”
- (1x7) Michelle at the Bar with Malcolm: Sometimes it is hard to share your parents or allow your parents to be…well…people. Michelle has her issues with her mom; however, ultimately she loves her mom. She wants her mom to be happy and she gives her permission in a way by giving Malcolm the green light to get her mom back.
- (1x7) Not Falling for Shakespeare: I loved this. Tony is use to charming his way back into good standing with Michelle and anyone else he wants to. He is going all out. Stating Shakespeare underneath her window. She tells him to get lost.
Top 5 Words to Describe Michelle:
Character Focus: Michelle Richardson
It is Michelle Richardson’s turn. Leave your topics, opinions, questions, musings, rants, etc. in my ask.
I will have a Character Analysis, Top 5, and a Enneagram Personality Type. (Podcast will be in a bit)!
(Will be writing about other things as well so feel feel to ask questions.)