Character Podcast Spotlight: Alo Creevey
- anon - Do you like Alo?
- anon- Characterization in series 6 vs. series 5
- maess - What do you think about relationships starting with sex and if you think this is Malo’s spark
- I also talk about the bully/victim claims as well.
- ottoisanybody - What kind of dad do you think alo would be?
- Mention a secret of mine.
Character Podcast Spotlight: Matty Levan
- baristbro: do you think his character was largely wasted in series 6?
- charlottefever Matty was originally written to be explicitly bisexual. Why do you think they abandoned that/made it more vague?
- I hit on followers
- maess: Do you know that, statistically, people with big eyebrow are strong people? I wish this eyebrow/butt thing could stop, so tired.
- ottoisanybody: Why do you think Matty’s screentime was so limited in Series 6? We didn’t even get a Matty centric episode, which would have been interesting
- ghostgracie: reminds me that I once forgot Matty….:(
Enneagram Type Analysis: Mini McGuinness
Davidknowssall and Kerouacophy Discuss Skins:
- Why this will be nerdy podcast series?
- David explains why he loves Cassie
- Generation 1 being a favorite
- Generation 3 emotional factor
- Ceffy vs. Freffy (I’m switzerland but David has an opinion)
- Other general thoughts
Part 2 and 3 will be mostly about cinematography and more technical side of making Skins and how it pushes the story.
Mini to me is a Type 3: Achiever!
For the Achiever the fear of not being worth something motivates most of their behavior. Mini is an average to unhealthy Type 3. Mostly do to his issues with her father and her main motivation not to end up like her mother. Appearance, image, control, success, beauty, sex, and everything in between are extremely important to a Type 3. In fact an unhealthy Type 3 may use manipulation, self delusion, and trickery in order to maintain a sense of importance. They also tend to be jealous and may be defensive by tearing people down to a) make themselves important and b) take down the threat that someone else may be more important. They may also have a distorted view of their own talents like for instance throwing a fashion show or her ability to dance.
To me that fits Mini perfectly. She is someone who needs to be important, who needs respect, and who wants success. When guys don’t fit her image she tries to get rid of the despite her own feelings (Alo). When the guy does fit her image she will do anything including self delusions and manipulation to keep that guy (Nick). Her fears over having a baby were also tied to this idea of image and the amount of self deception and manipulation she took to keep her pregnancy a secret is award winning.
Type 3’s at their best can be goal oriented and filled with humor. The goal of a Type 3 is to learn to be who they are and let that be the show instead of trying to be a 24 hour one man show everyday. That in many ways is Mini’s journey as well.
Podcast Character Spotlight: Rich Hardbeck part 4
- blast off
- Rich and his fashion changes
- Breaking stereotypes
- Rich’s journey
- Broadening world
- Clothes politics
Character Podcast Spotlight: Rich Hardbeck pt. 3
- The first full fledge man of skins?
- Rachel mixes for us.
- Megan didn’t kill anyone
- Rich was never a child.
- Rich could OWN adulthood.
- Never going to be a people person
- For Rich it seems more natural vs. nurture in terms of how he acts.
- Shrivelled-wank-claw: How do you think Rich would react to the baby being named after Grace?
Character Podcast Spotlight: Rich Hardbeck pt. 2
- Not liking change
- Why do you like Rich so much?
- Malo Baby talk.
Character Podcast Spotight: Rich Hardbeck pt. 1
- Rich’s future
- Rich’s future girl…. will she be like Grace?
- Rich being a bus driver? Future violence?
- Rich as a priest?
- Shrilvilled-wank-claw: How will Rich be with the Malo Baby?
Character Podcast Spotlight: Alex Henley
- Anon - What kind of music does Alex have?
- Bomblikedanthom (totally butchered your name again! I just re-remembered it’s like Dean Thomas FAIL) - Do you think that Alex could be a character that is important if given more development?
- toptitsmalone : Include a certain quote
- ghostgracie: Making Alex a love interest for Nick would have better utilized their character
- Alex is a victim of a bloated storyline and too many storylines for one individual.
- Plot device?
- Why I think he is a philosophically sound character?
- Grace and Alex what connects them