Anonymous asked: what are your top 5 skins moments?
This was the most painful question I have ever had to answer. It was like a three day process to figure out these five moments or six rather. I still after days of deliberations still could not make it to five. But these are my personal 5 ‘Skins’ moments and why I chose them.
1. Sid Breaking Down in the Night Club with Tony (Sid’s Series 2 Episode): This moment was absolutely heartbreaking. The music was perfect. Sid turning around crying on Tony hitting his back in just absolute grief. It was just a beautiful moment that really sticks out to me. Personally as well I first saw this episode shortly after my Grandmother died and this moment reminded me of my own grief. It is a beautiful moment.
2. Chris and Jal under the Duvet (Chris’s Series 2 Episode): This moment really touched me. I also feel like it shows the depth of Chris’s character as well and how even though he is fun loving he is also a bit of a philosopher. He was talking about how after his brother died he would sit under his duvet and read this book called the “Hungry Caterpillar” a story about the transformation to a butterfly. But that he often thought to himself that he didn’t want to change but he wanted the world outside to change. I often feel this way and I thought this was a touching moment. An honest moment.
3. Katie confronting her mum (Katie’s series 4 episode): I was thinking of several moments for Gen 2 but this one screamed at me the loudest. I loved the way in which Katie came clean to her mom not only with her news of not being able to have kids. But telling her mom something she needed to hear but that she also kinda needed to learn as well. I thought this was a solid moment.
4. Rich finding out Grace Died His “Convo” with Grace and Blood (Rich’s Series 6 Episode): This moment sent me into absolute tears but at the same time gave me strength. It was odd. We as an audience followed Rich fighting with himself, Blood, and the inevitable bad news that was coming his way. It all led to this moment where Rich has his final phone “conversation” with Rich. Where she tells him that life is beautiful and that she loved him. He looks at his phone and he finally has to accept that things are not the way he wants them to be. Then he enters the house and Blood informs him that Grace died. He watches his arch nemesis broken and he becomes strong. He becomes a man and he comforts him. With the confidence that Grace loved him. It is such a beautiful moment. Hardlet fan or not it was such a poetic moment.
5. Rich, Grace, Franky, and Alo at the Pool (Franky’s Series 5 Episode): I had to include this moment because this was THE moment that I fell in love with Generation 3. Watching what Rich, Grace, and Alo did to make Franky feel better was amazing. The kidnapping, the clown mask, the pool, the alcohol, the nudity, and the companionship. It was like everything that I love about Skins in one moment. Where four people who are obviously misfits inside their groups come together to have a good time. Loved it.
Rich and Liv eating Biscuits (Rich’s Series 6 Episode): I can hear certain people laughing at me for making this my honorary moments. Now besides letting people know exactly how powerful biscuits are there is actually a deeper reason for my choice. I love the Rich and Liv scenes in this episode. Because…Rich gave Liv time, attention, and laughter. Something that Liv needed. He did it in an adorable way and made Liv laugh. Now personally I think what Liv gave Rich was something even more powerful. Liv reminded Rich who he was. That he was metal. That he was strong. That he could handle things, fight for things, and be rational about things. Rich was losing himself in a different way in Series 6. Liv gave him temporary strength by understanding who Rich wants to be and what he could be. I think that is rather incredible. And of course… biscuits.