Character Podcast Spotlight: Alo Creevey
- anon - Do you like Alo?
- anon- Characterization in series 6 vs. series 5
- maess - What do you think about relationships starting with sex and if you think this is Malo’s spark
- I also talk about the bully/victim claims as well.
- ottoisanybody - What kind of dad do you think alo would be?
- Mention a secret of mine.
Opinion Piece: The Main Couples of ‘Skins’ per Generation
This post I am declaring what I feel are the main canon ships of ‘Skins.’ One from each Generation. Now I am not picking these ships based on the writers intentions but instead I am using three indicators to choose these pairings.
- Popularity: Investment is vital. There’s no point in picking a ship that has little to no support.
- Importance to the Plot: Are they vital to the progression of the plot? Is their relationship bigger than just a relationship? Is it used to bring people together? If removed does the story fall apart?
- Significant Meaning: Is there a lesson to be learned from the relationship?
I have picked three pairings. All three of them are quite different and in my opinion represent a different kind of love. Another thing about these pairings is that not all of them were endgame. So let us begin…the main ships of ‘Skins.’
Character Podcast Spotlight: Matty Levan
- baristbro: do you think his character was largely wasted in series 6?
- charlottefever Matty was originally written to be explicitly bisexual. Why do you think they abandoned that/made it more vague?
- I hit on followers
- maess: Do you know that, statistically, people with big eyebrow are strong people? I wish this eyebrow/butt thing could stop, so tired.
- ottoisanybody: Why do you think Matty’s screentime was so limited in Series 6? We didn’t even get a Matty centric episode, which would have been interesting
- ghostgracie: reminds me that I once forgot Matty….:(
Kerouacophy and davidknowssall podcast!
Generation 3 Cinematography Beautiful Moments
- NEXT SCENE: Liv at the Bench on Brandon hill then going to the occupation Rally
- Liv’s loneliness
- Bench symbolism with Liv
- Rich and Liv friendship love
- Vision and Grace’s lesson
- NEXT SCENE: Rich’s finding out about Grace passing away scene.
- Denial throughout the whole episode
- “MAYBE HE JUST HAS A REALLY GOOD SAMSUNG PHONE THAT WORKS BROKEN”
- Rich watching Grace’s home videos
- Finale of Series 6
- “Less is more”
- “Captured my heart in the most consenting way”
- When I say “halfway through generation 3” i mean Series 3 and when I mean generation 4 i meant series 4 lmao
Kerouacophy and davidknowssall
We discuss BEST Cinematography moments in Gen 3 along with other things in the mix.
- SCENE:Nick’s Episode Series 5 - Competing with Matty in the club and on the rugby pitch
- Nick is a jar
- Megan fan girls over the National
- NEXT SCENE: Dragging Franky out of the fight in Series 6
- Skins meets Miami Vice?
- David likes Franky’s flailing legs and frames within frames
- NEXT SCENE: Mini losing her virginity along with the walk of same
- Symbolism and music enhances the scene
- SO glad they portrayed the awkward and ugly side of sex! I LOVED IT!
- Nick for being an attractive jock of a guy has NEVER had a fully 100 percent amazing sex scene.
- I hoped Nick was gay…I’m very gaysppointed.
Kerouacophy and Davidknowssall
- What is the difference between Series 5 and Series 6 cinematography?
- Difference between “least favorite” and “hate with a burning passion”
- Love the new talent and the innovative things Skins does
- There is no SHIT series we make a case for this.
- We talk about some beautiful moments and talk about which series had the least cinematography significance but then we started talking about how even that series has moments.
Enneagram Type Analysis: Mini McGuinness
Davidknowssall and Kerouacophy Discuss Skins:
- Why this will be nerdy podcast series?
- David explains why he loves Cassie
- Generation 1 being a favorite
- Generation 3 emotional factor
- Ceffy vs. Freffy (I’m switzerland but David has an opinion)
- Other general thoughts
Part 2 and 3 will be mostly about cinematography and more technical side of making Skins and how it pushes the story.
Mini to me is a Type 3: Achiever!
For the Achiever the fear of not being worth something motivates most of their behavior. Mini is an average to unhealthy Type 3. Mostly do to his issues with her father and her main motivation not to end up like her mother. Appearance, image, control, success, beauty, sex, and everything in between are extremely important to a Type 3. In fact an unhealthy Type 3 may use manipulation, self delusion, and trickery in order to maintain a sense of importance. They also tend to be jealous and may be defensive by tearing people down to a) make themselves important and b) take down the threat that someone else may be more important. They may also have a distorted view of their own talents like for instance throwing a fashion show or her ability to dance.
To me that fits Mini perfectly. She is someone who needs to be important, who needs respect, and who wants success. When guys don’t fit her image she tries to get rid of the despite her own feelings (Alo). When the guy does fit her image she will do anything including self delusions and manipulation to keep that guy (Nick). Her fears over having a baby were also tied to this idea of image and the amount of self deception and manipulation she took to keep her pregnancy a secret is award winning.
Type 3’s at their best can be goal oriented and filled with humor. The goal of a Type 3 is to learn to be who they are and let that be the show instead of trying to be a 24 hour one man show everyday. That in many ways is Mini’s journey as well.